MD Respiratory Medicine Admission 2023
MD Radiodiagnosis Admission :
About MD Respiratory Medicine
Respiratory medicine, also known as pulmonary medicine, is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of disorders and diseases affecting the respiratory system. These conditions may involve the lungs, bronchi, trachea, and other related structures.
To become a respiratory medicine specialist, you would typically need to complete a medical degree program followed by a residency in internal medicine or pediatrics, and then complete a fellowship in pulmonary and critical care medicine. After completing your training, you would be eligible for board certification in pulmonary medicine.
Some common respiratory conditions that respiratory medicine specialists may diagnose and treat include:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung cancer
- Sleep apnea
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Cystic fibrosis
Treatment options for these conditions may include medications, inhalers, oxygen therapy, pulmonary rehabilitation, and surgery. Respiratory medicine specialists may also work closely with other medical professionals, such as pulmonologists, allergists, and thoracic surgeons, to provide comprehensive care to their patients.
Pros & Cons of Respiratory Medicine
Pros of Respiratory Medicine
- High demand: Respiratory medicine is a specialty in high demand due to the prevalence of respiratory illnesses and disorders worldwide.
- Variety of cases: Respiratory medicine offers a broad range of cases to diagnose and treat, making it a challenging and intellectually stimulating specialty.
- Life-saving interventions: Respiratory medicine specialists can intervene in life-threatening situations, such as acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), and provide life-saving treatments like mechanical ventilation.
- Long-term care: Many respiratory conditions require ongoing treatment and management, providing respiratory medicine specialists with opportunities for long-term patient care.
Cons of Respiratory Medicine
- Emotional strain: Many respiratory conditions, such as lung cancer or cystic fibrosis, can be emotionally challenging for both patients and their families. Respiratory medicine specialists may experience stress and emotional strain from dealing with these difficult cases.
- High pressure: Respiratory medicine specialists often work in high-pressure environments, such as critical care units, where quick thinking and decision-making are necessary to save lives.
- Exposure to infectious diseases: Respiratory medicine specialists may be exposed to infectious diseases, such as tuberculosis, which can pose a risk to their own health.
- Burnout: The demanding workload, long hours, and emotionally taxing cases can lead to burnout in respiratory medicine specialists, making it important to prioritize self-care and work-life balance.
Eligibility for Superspeciality Course
|Branch||Super specialty courses admission|
MD Respiratory Medicine Closing Rank 2022
If you too are interested in this course and want to opt for the MD Respiratory Medicine , then have a look at the table below to know about the closing ranks state wise . This will help you figure out which are the institutes you can target and what are your chances of getting through them.
In the Below Table the Closing Rank of Respiratory Medicine Cover State Wise Cutoff through All India Quota 50 % till 2nd Round of NEET PG 2022 Counselling.
|Respiratory Medicine||Andhra Pradesh||7455||12177||9808||27788||46235|
|Respiratory Medicine||Himachal Pradesh||NS||NS||6543||14587||NS|
|Respiratory Medicine||Madhya Pradesh||5360||12270||9562||NS||NS|
|Respiratory Medicine||Tamil Nadu||5664||13840||4679||12785||NS|
|Respiratory Medicine||Uttar Pradesh||10293||5377||10905||27352||42818|
|Respiratory Medicine||West Bengal||7850||13530||12229||26216||NS|
MD Respiratory Medicine Admission MD Respiratory Medicine Admission MD Respiratory Medicine Admission MD Respiratory Medicine Admission MD Respiratory Medicine Admission MD Respiratory Medicine Admission MD Respiratory Medicine Admission